25 Most Visited Cities in the World
Euromonitor study in 100 cities most visited by tourists
Marina Bay Sands, Singapore - Image credit L Pandjaitan
Tourist visits in a cities very concerned about some specific things that sometimes are personal, but there are common things that can become a reference for the tourists, the atmosphere, the weather, the attitude of the townspeople, and even cultural traditions and culinary richness.
Research from Euromonitor finding out of 100 cities in the world that is most visited by tourists, such as reviews written on the site KompasTravel, February 1, with data from the national statistics, information airports, hotels, and various sources of the tourism industry from 57 countries in 2015.
Reference is made in 2015, a time when her present negative issues in the world, such as terrorist attacks, geopolitical conflicts, economic problems, and the spread of viruses such as MERS and Zika, the fact that the growth of visitors in 100 cities of the world have increased 55 percent compared to 2014.
Quoting an article from the CNN site, Tuesday, January 31, shows a list of 25 cities that attract the attention of tourists in the world according the reference year 2015.
1. Hong Kong - 26.69 million tourists
2. Bangkok, Thailand - 18.7 million
3. London, England - 18.58 million
4. Singapore - 16.87 million
5. Paris, France - 15 million
6. Macau, China - 14.3 million
7. Dubai, United Arab Emirates - 14.26 million
8. Istanbul, Turkey - 12.41 million
9. New York, US - 12.3 million
10. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 12.15 million
11. Shenzen, China - 11.42 million
12. Antalya, Turkey - 10.86 million
13. Rome, Italy - 9.56 million
14. Taipei, Taiwan - 9 million
15. Seoul, South Korea - 8.8 million
16. Phuket, Thailand - 8.82 million
17. Tokyo, Japan - 8.46 million
18. Guangzhou, China - 7.96 million
19. Miami, USA - 7.6 million
20. Pattaya, Thailand - 7.49 million
21. Mecca, Saudi Arabia - 7.18 million
22. Prague, Czech Republic - 6.97 million
23. Milan, Italy - 6.68 million
24. Las Vegas, USA - 6.77 million
25. Barcelona, Spain - 6.6 million
The year also shows the success of the two countries in Asia namely Thailand and Japan to attract tourists to visit.
Thailand is capable of displaying white sandy island attractions, such as Phuket and Pattaya, then Japan is superior to the cities, such as Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka.
The list of cities in the top of the complete show specific characteristics of each of these cities.
Source: S Agmasari - KompasTravel, CNN
Image: L Pandjaitan