5 Foods Not To Eaten At Raw

You do not want to be sick while on the move when eating sashimi and vegetables

Fruit market - Image credit P Widi Hatmi

Healthy raw food has always been a fascination for anyone, even a trend as a healthful food. Even when you're on a sightseeing trip to a region and in a state of pretty hungry and wanted to eat food that looks fresh.

Especially on long trips to various tourist spots, citing the site detikTravel, January 10, it is reasonable to consider certain types of foods that are not recommended eaten in its raw state.

As already mentioned above, for example, raw foods such as sashimi and vegetables, citing the reviews in Prevention.com sites, in order to avoid potatoes and milk in its raw state, as well as beef containing salmonella and cause pain.

Other food is also advisable not consumed, because they contain toxins or sugar to be digested by the human body's digestive system.


Presented by nutritionist Ashvini Mashru, owner of Wellness Nutrition Concepts, raw starch in potatoes can be caused digestive problems and bloating.

Should be cooked with roasted, steamed, or sauteed. Also advised to avoid green potatoes, the content of toxins which cause headaches and nausea.


Such types of vegetables including bean sprouts, radishes, and brussel sprouts. However, these vegetables can be a place for the growth of dangerous bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli, and listeria.

Avoid to be eaten by small children, pregnant women, the elderly and those with weak immunity to avoid these vegetables, unless they have been cooked.

Red beans

Make sure the nuts are ripe, so as to avoid abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, due to the emergence of natural lectins (the highest concentration of other vegetables), and phytohaemagglutinin.

Eliminate toxins by soaking the beans for 5 hours, cleaned, then boiled beans soaked in water for at least 30 minutes. Except safe to eat canned beans, because it has been cooked.


Many are sold in some supermarkets, raw honey is often used as a natural sweetener. Do not give to a child, because it is not pasteurized, so it is likely to contain grayanotoxon, naturally existing neurotoxin on nectar flower.

Toxins that are not lethal, but for toxicity symptoms may make dizziness, low blood pressure and obstruction of the vagus nerve system included to swallow.


Raw milk or fresh milk has not been pasteurized. When it gets pasteurization, milk is heated at 71 degrees Celsius at least no more than 15 seconds, then cooled rapidly, this process does not reduce its nutrients. This process kills bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli and listeria.

According to the CDC whoever who consume raw milk can cause illness, especially in children.

All kinds of food and vegetables are not recommended consumed in a raw state, easily found everywhere, including when you're on the go.

Source: A Trimirasti - detikFood, Prevention.com
Image: P Widi Hatmi


Popular Posts