146 Km, The 10 Farthest Airports from City Center
Airports in the world with poor reputations because of their distance
KLIA, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Leisure airports can be one of the reasons of the tourists to choose a flight route, so they can quickly decide the day of departure.
You yourself agree that within an airport from where you will travel, or let's say to the city center into one of the considerations. Not all travelers get the convenience when they traveled in a tourist destination, so the mileage of an airport can make them more enthusiastic.
I read an interesting article today, at tourist sites KompasTravel, it seems, is there any other possibilities, a few airports in the world have poor reputations as it is located very far from the center of the city, one of it is the Chalons Vatry Airport in Paris, France, which reached a distance approximately 146 Km.
According to the sites Matador Network, Wednesday, November 23, 2016, the airport is very far away, the distance from the airport to the city center is 146 Km (90.72 miles). It took a two-hour car ride or a 1 hour 50 minute train ride to arrive in the city center.
In more detail, citing other articles on the sites Just the Flight, which collects 10 farthest and nearest airport from the city center, and most of the airports in Europe.
The following paragraphs convey to ten airports in the world with the furthest distance from the city center based on data from Just the Flight.
1. Chalons Vatry Airport, Paris, France - 146 Km (90.72 miles)
2. Hahn Airport, Frankfurt, Germany - 120 Km
3. Sandefjorn Airport, Oslo, Norway - 108 Km
4. Stockholm Skavsta Airport, Stockholm, Sweden - 106 Km
5. Reus Airport, Barcelona, Spain - 106 Km
6. Vasteras Airport, Stockholm, Sweden - 104 Km
7. Girona Airport, Barcelona, Spain - 102 Km
8. Paros Beauvais Tille Airport, Paris, France - 101 Km
9. Lubeck Airport, Hamburg, Germany - 72 Km
10. Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), Malaysia - 67 Km (37.28 miles)
And maybe one day you're unexpectedly going through one of the airport, is not it also can be part of an enjoyable sightseeing trip?
Source: S Anindiati Nursastri - KompasTravel, Matador Network, Just the Flight
Image: A Sitha Dewi