Walk Directly from Airport to City Center
Gibraltar International Airport became the airport with the shortest distance
Tourists walk in travelator, Changi Airport, Singapore - illustration
Airport locations from the city center can be one of the favorite tourist consideration even for the citizens of the city itself, they will be appreciated when the airport became so close, so that they can walk directly into the city center.
Some interesting responses from the tourists who visit to a tourist area, no doubt when the airport is the first appeal, both when they arrive and when they back to their home country.
In the previous article of a tourist site, KompasTravel review the furthest airport from the city center, this time they quote the sites Just the Flight, which also collects 10 airports with the shortest distance from the city center.
Noted later that the Gibraltar International Airport is just located just 2.2 Km (1.367 miles) from the city center, and according to the sites Matador Network, Wednesday, November 23rd, it only took 7 minutes by car to reach the city center from the airport, even a 18-minute train ride or a 23 minute walk by foot.
As we know that Gibraltar belongs to the British territory, so many flights to mainland Britain, for example Monarch Airlines with their international flights to mainland UK, just like Birmingham, Gatwick London, Luton London, and Manchester Airport.
It is interesting to understand a situation of how an airport seemed so close, the tourists who are visiting will feel intense served, an airport close to their goals for the trip. That's great, isn’t it?
We can see the list issued by the sites Just the Flight, 10 airports in the world with the closest distance to the city center.
1. Gibraltar International Airport, Gibraltar - 2.2 Km (1.367 miles)
2. Tallinn Airport, Estonia, - 2.27 Km
3. Taipei Songshan Airport, Taiwan - 4.5 Km
4. San Diego International Airport, USA - 5.3 Km
5. Southampton Airport, USA - 5.9 Km
6. Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal - 5.9 Km
7. Wellington International Airport, New Zealand - 7.7 Km
8. Mexico City International Airport, Mexico - 7.8 Km
9. The Honolulu International Airport, USA - 10.4 Km
10. Salt Lake City International Airport, USA - 12.2 Km (7.58 miles)
It is inconceivable that one day get a chance to set foot in one of the airports above, try to walk to reach the city center. That is interesting!
Source: S Anindiati Nursastri - KompasTravel, Matador Network, Just the Flight
Image: M Kretyawan