Thailand Grieve, But Tourists Keep Coming - 1
King Bhumibol Adulyadej Died on Thursday, October 13
The Monks and the elephant, Bangkok
Mourning period for 30 days set by the Thai government, the people and the whole country in mourning, and urged residents still run as usual activities. Likewise with the tourists who have come or are already scheduled a trip to Thailand, especially Bangkok.
It is certain there is uncertainty for travelers who have set foot in the airport, want to show respect, but at the same time they want to vacation and have fun.
This situation is highly recognized by local authorities, such as the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) give an official announcement for tourists, they put important information related to the period of mourning citizens of Thailand.
Citing articles KompasTravel tourist sites, which get a news release on Friday, October 14th from the TAT being spelled out.
1. Many Thais will wear black or white as a sign of mourning. Travelers are not required, but as far as possible, please wear a polite and inconspicuous when in public.
2. Travelers are expected do not perform inappropriate behavior or disrespectful.
3. The tour will be open as normal with the exception of Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of the Emerald Buddha) and Grand Palace, because it will be the location of the Royal Cemetery.
4. The Government has requested the cooperation of entertainment venues; such as bars and nightclubs to consider their business operations during this time of mourning. Decisions will be taken by the respective owners.
5. Most of the traditional and cultural events will take place as usual, although the celebration may be adapted as a sign of respect, or the event can be dedicated to the memory of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
6. All transport, banks, hospitals and other public services will operate as normal.
7. The relevant authorities have increased security measures for all Thais and tourists, to support their journey across the country.
8. If you have any questions, please contact our domestic TAT office or Telephone to 1672.
Travelers can understand announcements and this statement, as submitted by the TAT, "All visitors to Thailand can go on as usual, TAT would like to thank all the tourists and visitors for your understanding and for its support to Thailand during this period."
Source: S Agmasari - KompasTravel, Thailand Authority of Tourism
Image: PT Hadi