Most Connected Airports in Asia Pacific
Soekarno-Hatta Airport ranked 7th most connected in the World
Terminal 2F Soekarno-Hatta Airport
Airport connectivity into one of the new variable of the observer airports in the world, it is considered by one of the supervisors of air travel and certainly would be a concern for the tourists.
This time, OAG, air travel intelligence company based in the UK, observed at the level of connectivity an airport, which is the total number of inbound and outbound flight connections, then the result is divided into tables based on the location of the area and type of airline.
Interesting reviews of the airports in the world, citing the sites OAG, Sunday, December 4th, noting the specifics of Soekarno-Hatta Airport in Jakarta that included ranked 7th most connected Airports in the World, coupled with the nine airports in the United States.
Soekarno-Hatta receive more than 40,000 potential connections between flights within six hours, citing KompasTravel reviews on the site, yesterday, the airport that connects the air passengers to 71 different destinations.
As said by the Product Manager OAG EVP, Mark Clarkson, "There is a dynamic growth continued in the Asia Pacific region, with more air markets were open. It's quite impressive. Soekarno-Hatta currently conducting high level connectivity, while doing terminal construction infrastructure broadly. Demand from within and outside Indonesia is increasing, and this is a clear challenge for the airport to continue to follow this speed."
The following list shows the 10 most connected Airports in Asia Pacific by OAG.
1. International Airport Soekarno-Hatta, Indonesia
2. Haneda Airport, Japan
3. Sydney Airport, Australia
4. Indira Gandhi International Airport, India
5. Changi Airport, Singapore
6. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, India
7. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
8. Melbourne Airport, Australia
9. International Airport Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
10. The Beijing Capital International Airport, China
As for the 10 most connected Airports in the World.
1. O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, USA
2. Hartsfield Jackson International Airport, Atlanta, USA
3. Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas, Texas, USA
4. Denver International Airport, Colorado, USA
5. Charlotte Douglas International Airport, North Carolina, USA
6. Los Angeles International Airport, USA
7. International Airport Soekarno-Hatta, Indonesia
8. Tacoma International Airport, Seattle, USA
9. International Airport San Francisco, USA
10. Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Arizona, USA
Interesting list of the level of connectivity an airport, especially in the next five years, Soekarno-Hatta Airport can become the center of international transit, as well as five-star airport.
Source: S Agmasari - KompasTravel, The Jakarta Post, Telegraph, OAG
Image: Boedy Pratikto